Retirement Education Counselor
Company: Great-West Financial
Posted on: September 24, 2018
Be Bold Be Brilliant
Empower Retirement's goal is to evolve workplace savings to enable people to reliably replace - for life - the income they made while working.
We are growing our Participant Service teams and are looking for individuals with the desire to develop their career in the financial services industry. Our Participant Services Associates are at the forefront of our client's experience; delivering outstanding service to our Retirement Plan customers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that providing our associates with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance. As an employee you will be eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Paid Annual Leave
- 401K with company match
This position is responsible for direct contact with employees of retirement plans as well as not for profit entities. The primary focus is the education, communication, and servicing of retirement plans through group presentations and one-on-one counseling. This will include reviewing retirement rules, plans rules, investment options, and other financial and retirement topics as requested. The individual in this role facilitates communication and education strategy by conducting group meetings, in person, via the web or in recorded presentations, and conducting one-on-one employee sessions.
- May assist in developing the communication and education strategy for assigned plans, if applicable. Assists in supporting & retaining existing client relationships.
- Provides consultative expertise to employees to increase participation and enrollment.
- Typically handles moderately complex problems or inquiries.
- Manages meeting assignment schedule, travel booking (including flights, hotels, and car rental as needed) to meet meeting requirements.
- Completes and submits client related forms during employee contact sessions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Regularly reports meeting information and enters details into proprietary reporting systems (meeting tracker, etc.) on an ongoing basis.
- Provides feedback to client service teams about what is or is not working at client sites and may assist in identifying performance improvement opportunities for the client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must obtain FINRA Series 6 & 63 licenses required within 90 days of hire.
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred
- Minimum two (2) years' related experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Presentation skills (to groups or individuals) required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and fractions
- Working knowledge of the financial industry, retirement plan business and ERISA, as well as ability to quickly learn firm's products
- Must qualify for a corporate credit card
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions: Normal Office Working Conditions when located near an Empower Retirement or Great-West Field office. May be required to work from home when no local office is convenient. Will travel majority of the time, either using personal vehicle for local meetings with participants, including overnight travel based on client or territory requirements.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of the job. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the responsibilities and/or tasks listed in this job description. You may be required perform other duties that are not included on this job description. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
About Great-West Financial
At Great-West Financial-- and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you're interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We're an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We're also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Great-West Financial, Anderson , Retirement Education Counselor, Education / Teaching , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!