Engineering Manager (NTN Driveshaft Anderson/Anderson, Indiana)
Company: NTN Bearing of America
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Description Engineering Manager (NTN Driveshaft
NTN, a world leader in constant velocity technology for the
automotive industry, is currently seeking a qualified Engineering
Manager for our Anderson, Indiana operation. NTN Anderson
manufactures Constant Velocity Joints (CVJs) for many of the major
OEM automotive companies.
Responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the
Engineering and Maintenance functions to meet company
Engineering: Responsible for process design and improvement,
development and PPAP process, process sheet drawing, budget
planning, saw process, turning process, heat treat process,
paint/parker process and electrical engineering for manufacturing
constant velocity joint shaft (CVJ shaft).
Maintenance: Responsible for installation, repair and upkeep of
plant properties, including production machines, mechanical
systems, electrical systems, buildings and other structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and implements short and long-range departmental
action plans, budgets, goals & metrics, objectives, policies,
operating procedures, and regular reporting of results.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Establishes and maintains a culture of continuous
- Safety & 5S: Leads the effort to maintain a safe and organized
working environment, insuring full compliance with company, local,
state and federal (EPA and OSHA) regulations, initiating safety
improvements, and ensuring that all associates are trained in the
proper and safe use of equipment.
- Associate Relations: Manages all areas of departmental
associate relations including applicant interviewing, performance
reviews, discipline, coaching, counseling, staff development and
maintaining positive associate relations.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development
proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications
that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and
human resource requirements.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data
and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used
for new products or improvements for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if
benefits derived and possible applications justify
- Approves and submits proposals to management for consideration
and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring
projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and
research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to
inform management of current status of each project.
- Works with the production and quality managers, reviews and
monitors quality and process improvements and new product
- Directs the review of production costs and product quality to
maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales and
production planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to
develop new customers.
- Directs preparation of accounting records for budgetary,
production efficiency or other such purposes.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use,
technology, facility and equipment requirements or
- Negotiates contracts with consulting firms to perform research
or other applicable studies or support.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality
functions within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
- 5+ years of previous management experience in Engineering.
- Excellent planning, organization, leadership, presentation,
decision making, analytical, and oral and written communication
- Project management.
- Ability to supervise, motivate, coach, counsel and train.
- Ability to effectively create and maintain a teamwork
environment and work well cross-functionally.
- Strong technical, math and computer skills, experience with
- Experience with budget preparation and cost control.
- Strict attention to safety.
- Ability to initiate and lead continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of all or some of the following processes is
highly preferred: turning, heat treat, paint and
- Previous experience in automotive manufacturing or in a
multi-cultural environment a plus.
NTN Driveshaft Anderson, Inc. offers competitive wages and a full
range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry
standard. These include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid
vacation and tuition reimbursement. NTN Driveshaft Anderson, Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity
in the workplace.
Qualified applicants should apply online at:
Job: Engineering Manager Primary Location: Indiana-Anderson, NTN
Driveshaft Organization: Operations : Job Posting: Sep 21, 2022,
Keywords: NTN Bearing of America, Anderson , Engineering Manager (NTN Driveshaft Anderson/Anderson, Indiana), Executive , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!