Radiology Technologist - PT Weekends
Company: Ascension, C68
Posted on: January 12, 2020
We Are Hiring Technologist-Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology 001 -
Part-Time,Weekends - Anderson-2015 Jackson Street - Anderson,
INSaturday and SundayWhy Join Ascension? In Indiana, St. Vincent
operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of
affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St.
Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer
expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term
acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services,
emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric
services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and
more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for
145 years.St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based
healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through
innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading
non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is
committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all,
especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided
nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other
community benefit programs.What You Will Do As an Associate with
St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to take
radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in
the diagnosis of medical problems.Responsibilities:
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects
exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical
parameters accurately.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of
hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Indiana Medical
Radiology Services Program obtained prior to hire date or job
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an
EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for
more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates
in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to
Keywords: Ascension, C68, Anderson , Radiology Technologist - PT Weekends, Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!