Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make
better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with
far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a
clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for
the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can
act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can
care about the work we do and the people we serve. At Quest,
Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role
in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we
offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1
Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating
the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver
cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and
breakthroughs. Medical Technologist (Day Shift) - Anderson, IN
req55184 Located in the Quest lab onsite at St Vincent's Anderson,
this position is full-time day shift. The position will also rotate
weekend and holiday coverage with the team. JOB
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test result;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in
their respective guidelines.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and all maintenance performed;
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or
immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical
results to clients.
- If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab
- Maintain complete records of all testing performed
- Maintain general appearance of the department.
- Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration
dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new
- Attend monthly department and any additional
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know
the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the
location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor. JOB
REQUIREMENTS: Education: BS in Medical Technology preferred; or
BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory
Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a
Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990.
Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential
evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation).
United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original
transcript. Work Experience: 1 year Clinical experience (high
complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical
laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with
BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology. Special Requirements:
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle
several procedures simultaneously.
- Must interact with other departments.
- Contact with clients may be required, good customer service
skills are important.
- Must protect patient confidentiality at all times. Key Word
- MT/CLS - Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Molecular
Microbiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, Public
- MT/CLS - Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist , Hematological,
Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood
- MT/CLS - Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist,
Immunochemical, Assay Validation - ELISA (Enzyme-Linked
Immunosorbent Assay), Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology
- MT/CLS - Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology ,
Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical
- MT/CLS - Toxicology or PDM - Toxicology, Pain, Pain Management,
Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMS All requirements
are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal
Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled /
Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Anderson , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!