RN/LPN - Nights (Anderson)
Company: Assurance Health System
Posted on: January 13, 2022
REGISTERED NURSE (RN)RN Pay rates up to: $44.00 per hour based
on experienceLPN Pay rates up to: $30.25 per hour based on
experienceSHIFT: 3 (12-Hour Night shifts), 7p to 7:30a with
rotating weekendsDESCRIPTION: Assurance Health System is a 20-bed,
short-term inpatient geri-psychiatric hospital, that focuses on the
mental health needs of our senior population.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and
- Understands the patient comes first.
- Ability to function effectively in team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, healthcare
providers, and social service providers regarding the patient's
- Understanding of diverse patient populations and utilization
- Excellent organizational skills regarding independently
managing workload and related responsibilities.BENEFITS:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Income Security Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free meals and drinks
- 1:8 Nurse/Patient Ratio
- Up to $38.00 per hourLICENSES: Valid unrestricted Registered
Nurse (RN) license in the State of Indiana.EDUCATION: Minimum:
Associate's Degree in Nursing. PREFERRED: Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing.WORK EXPERIENCE: New graduates are encouraged to apply for
this position; however, those with at least 1-year of experience in
either a geriatric or psychiatric care setting are preferred.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or veteran status.Principle
Functions:Functions under general supervision and direction of the
Director of Nursing to plan, direct, and evaluate total patient
care and to assume management responsibilities as delegated, in
accordance with established policy. Assesses the needs of patients
and initiates, implements, and evaluates individualized plans of
care. Relates effectively with other shifts for continuity of care.
Maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing
units. Participates in all phases of education, maintenance of
records, and upgrading of policies, procedures, and skills of
personnel. Works within scope of service.Position Duties:
- Provides the best possible nursing care by planning,
organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients on the
- Assesses patient's condition based upon observation and/or
interview of patient, physician's diagnosis, laboratory findings
and other pertinent information.
- Uses professional judgment to prepare nursing care plans
consistent with assessment of patient's condition and physician's
- Directs service personnel in implementing nursing care plans,
and provides guidance and demonstrates appropriate methods, as
necessary, to correct deviations from established standards. Makes
nursing assignments appropriate to the skill level of employees and
the needs of the patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to nursing care and modifies or
revises treatment plans, and/or contacts physicians as
- Renders professional nursing care including administering
medications, initiating and maintaining intravenous fluids
according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Understands pharmacology and recognizes the side effects of
- Performs lab draws, documents, and reports findings to
- Reports lab results and documents in the patient chart. ---
Performs Point of Care testing as assigned and trained, maintains
competency for testing and quality control procedures.
- Performs both complex and routine treatments as prescribed by
physicians or as warranted by patient's condition.
- Makes regular rounds of assigned patients independently and
- Observes and evaluates patient's symptoms, progress, and
reactions to treatments and mediations. Takes corrective actions as
- Identifies problems and guides personnel to their solution.
Communicates with other hospital departments, as necessary, in
order to resolve operational problems and make the most effective
use of hospital resources in delivering quality patient care.
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care conferences
necessary in order to plan and evaluate effective patient
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians' orders.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges patients.
- Instructs patients and family members regarding treatments,
nursing plans, and so forth in order to allay apprehensions.
Explains home care methods and techniques necessary for continuing
- Arranges to have needed supplies and equipment on hand.
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and
- Reports patient's condition, medications given, and treatments
administered to the Director of Nursing and the following shift and
informs physician of appropriate patient information.
- Demonstrates and maintains competency in nursing skills and
- Demonstrates age-appropriate competency skills and knowledge,
displays ability to perform skills specific to patient population
identified in unit specific skills list(s).
- Displays ability to perform skills specific to patient
population identified in unit specific skill list(s).
- Assist in orientating and training student nurses and new
personnel and serves as a resource person for departmental
personnel resolving patient care problems. Evaluates personnel
performance with recommendations for appropriate action.
- Participates in hospital safety programs. Responsible for
knowing the lifting requirements of the job and requesting
assistance when appropriate.
- Keeps Director of Nursing informed of patients, needs, and
problems on the nursing unit.
- Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
Observes and supports hospital policy, mission statement, and
- Supports and enforces infection-control policies and
- Contributes to the collection and evaluation of data for the
nursing Quality Review Program.
- Contributes to Performance Improvement activities.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books; journals and other literature
and attending related seminars, conferences, etc.
- Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff,
medical staff, other departments, and visitors.
- Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with,
all applicable federal and state laws, as well as hospital polices
that apply to assigned duties.
- Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior
and standards of conduct.
- Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of
protected health information and patient privacy.
- Other duties, as assigned.Requirements:Education: Must be a
graduate from an accredited school of nursing.Experience: Minimum
one (1) year of RN experience. Prefer experience in Psychiatric
Nursing.Licensure: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in
Ohio. American Heart Association CPR and Nonviolent Crisis
Intervention CPI certification after hire.Skills: Excellent verbal
communication skills necessary to instruct and comfort patients and
their families. Maintain effective contacts with a variety of
Hospital Personnel. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary
to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
served.Working Conditions:The employee may be exposed to blood
borne pathogens, infectious diseases, and otherhazardous wastes,
(i.e. Hepatitis, Aids, Tuberculosis). Proper precautions will be
taughtand provided by the hospital. The position requires a
considerable amount of walking,stooping, pulling, lifting, feeling,
hearing, and repetitive motions. Ability to movequickly in response
to physician and patient needs, to stand for long periods,
occasionaloverhead and low reaching, and to exert force of up to 50
lbs. occasionally, up to 20 lbs.frequently and/or up to 10 lbs.
constantly. Patient care activities may require the ability tolift
of up to 30 lbs. constantly, up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to
100 lbs. rarely.AHCH123
Keywords: Assurance Health System, Anderson , RN/LPN - Nights (Anderson), Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!