Dental Assistant - Full Time - Anderson #2504
Company: Meridian Health Services
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionYour dedication, our commitmentText 2504 to
(765)523-4622 for Quick Apply!If you are a passionate, dedicated
professional that wants to make a difference in our patients'
lives, then please consider the following open position:Meridian
Health Services is currently seeking a full time Dental Assistant
to provide a variety of patient care activities in clinical support
and assistance to dentists and dental hygienists. This is based out
of our Anderson, IN location. The hours for this position are 8a-5p
and some travel will be required for job related duties and
coverage at other sites when needed.Key Responsibilities:
- Take and document patient health history and alert dentist to
identified health risks.
- Take and record patient vital signs prior to exam.
- Perform oral procedures in accordance with formal training and
State licensure scope.
- Set up operatories appropriately for intended exam and or
- Provide chairside assistance for the hygienist or dentist as
- Skilled in four-handed dentistry technique.
- Provide patient teaching as needed.
- Take xrays as directed by the hygienist or dentist.
- Follow OSHA and Infection Control guidelines specific to:
- Personal emergency treatment for blood or chemical in eyes
- Instrument sterilization and storage
- Bio-hazard waste handling, disposal and storage (including
- Wearing appropriate person protective gear during oral
- Assist with maintaining supply inventory.
- Assist with monitoring equipment functionality for maintenance
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned
by Dental Director.Knowledge Expectations:
- Knowledge of overall dental practice operation
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures (especially
- Knowledge of OSHA safety and infection control guidelines
- Knowledge of dental service quality assurance requirements
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team settingWe are
seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited Dental Assistant
- Experience: 2 years of work experience, preferably in a clinic
- Certificate/License: Certification as a Dental Assistant
preferred with X-ray certification.
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant Meridian Health Services
provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization Drug screen, TB test,
extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required of all
Meridian employees. All individuals who join Meridian are required
to have a flu shot and Covid vaccination to further protect our
staff and the patients we serve. We also adhere to Covid-related
protocol including wearing masks, social distancing, and
sanitizing. Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Meridian Health Services, Anderson , Dental Assistant - Full Time - Anderson #2504, Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!