Specialist Facility Safety and Health& Environmental
Company: Nestl-- USA
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that
nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that
changes lives, Nestl-- is the place for you. Nestl-- USA is one of
seven operating companies that make up Nestl--'s presence in the
United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading
food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver
quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local
communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow
than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our
entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where
collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected,
and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance
your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and
beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers,
but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
This individual is responsible for the minimization of the
facility's exposure to losses that can result from environmental
regulatory non-compliance, potential future environmental concerns,
and/or safety hazards. This includes exposure to employees, loss
time accidents, OSHA recordable accidents, accidental or excessive
pollutant releases into the community (air, surface water, ground
water), passive handling of non-hazardous waste (dumping vs.
recycling), mishandling of hazardous substance removal (asbestos,
PCBs, etc.), and project interruption as a result of unanticipated
- Monitor, manage, and document the Anderson facility's
compliance with all local, state, federal, and corporate
environmental and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Interface with regulatory agencies concerning plant
environmental and safety issues.
- Serves as an environmental and safety resource for other
- Responsible for establishing criteria for employee training at
the plant level. Conducting appropriate training sessions as
- Works closely with production and maintenance management to
ensure compliance with daily activities.
- Requests and manages safety and environmental engineering
- Oversee environmental and safety aspects of all plant
- Works with Nestl-- USA in achieving corporate environmental and
- Maintain awareness of impending regulatory changes and
recommend/implement appropriate action.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by company
- Achieve and maintain ISO certification through the EMS system
- Reduction of lost time injuries and OSHA recordable
- Satisfying outside agencies with the performance at this
- Minimization of media exposure due to environmental and safety
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:The SH&E Specialist reports directly to
the site SH&E Manager with a dotted line to the BU leaders
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemical
Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum five years experience in environmental, safety,
regulatory requirements, and plant operations.
- Haz-Mat Technician Level Certification and OSHA 40-hour
- Working knowledge of all applicable regulations and/or
guidelines (OSHA, NIOSH, NFPA, EPA, DEP, DOT, TSCA, CERCLA, RCRA,
CWA, EPCRA, SARA, CAA, etc.).
- Able to work effectively across departmental lines.
- Must be self-directed and capable of ensuring that numerous
periodic regulatory and corporate reporting requirements are
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the
forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl--.
The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as
flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that
will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our
commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the
exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with
disabilities. Nestl-- seeks such skilled and qualified individuals
to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have
chosen to call Nestl-- home.
The Nestl-- Companies are an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified
applicants for employment. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity,
color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin,
ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the
next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us
confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in
order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this
number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Keywords: Nestl-- USA, Anderson , Specialist Facility Safety and Health& Environmental, Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!