Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Beaumont Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Beaumont Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Why Beaumont
Rehabilitation & Nursing? We offer FULL benefits for eligible
employees including health, tele-health, mental health, dental,
vision, life insurance, and more!
Introducing DAILY PAY. ALL employees have access to the Daily Pay
option from their first day.
Competitive Wages, Shift Bonuses, Attendance Bonuses, Employee
Appreciation, and more!
Voted a Great Place to Work by our employees!
SUMMARY: -The RN is responsible for providing direct nursing care
to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing
activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must
be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be
required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest
degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- - - - - - -Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing
assistants. Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as
support personnel, in planning the shift's services, programs and
activities. Make written & oral reports/recommendations concerning
the activities of the shift as required. Admit, transfer and
discharge residents as required. Provide leadership to nursing
personnel assigned to your unit/shift.
- - - - - - -Complete & file required recordkeeping forms/charts
upon the resident's admission, transfer and/or discharge. Receive &
transcribe telephone orders from physicians & record on the
Physician's Order Form. Chart nurse's notes in an informative &
descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident,
as well as the resident's response to the care. Fill out and
complete accident/incident reports & submit to Director as
required. Perform routine charting duties as required & in
accordance with established charting & documentation policies &
- - - - - - -Prepare & administer medications as ordered by the
- - - - - - -Develop & maintain a good working rapport with
inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within
the facility to ensure that nursing services and activities can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents. Create
and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and
positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift. Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in
and ending shift duty hours. Make rounds with physicians as
- - - - - - -Administer professional services such as:
catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing
dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking
blood, giving massages and range of motion exercises, etc., as
- - - - - - -Monitor your assigned personnel to ensure that they
are following established safety regulations in the use of
equipment and supplies.
- - - - - - -Maintain confidentiality of all resident care
information including protected health information. Report known or
suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy and that
nursing service personnel knock before entering the resident's
- - - - - - -Provide IV & IV site care as needed.
- - - - - - -Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: -To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- - - - - - -Registered Nurse with a current unencumbered state
- - - - - - -Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the
- - - - - - -Must be able to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- - - - - - -Must be knowledgeable of nursing & medical practices &
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- - - - - - -Current CPR Certification is required.
- - - - - - -Experience in Long Term Care is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: -The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- - - - - - -Be able to move intermittently throughout the
- - - - - - -Must be able to cope with the mental & emotional
stress of the position.
- - - - - - -Must meet the general health requirements set forth by
the policies of this facility, which include a medical & physical
- - - - - - -Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a
minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to
push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50
- - - - - - -May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of
residents during emergency situations.
Keywords: Beaumont Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Anderson , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!