Senior Caregiver - HHA
Company: Advantage Home Health Care
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Direct Supervisor: Nursing Supervisor (NS)
Home Health Aides are recognized as key part of our home health
care program. Certified Home Health Aides perform "hands-on"
assistance with a patient's physical dependency needs as well as
non-skilled medical procedures ordered by the physician and
delegated in writing by the Nursing Supervisor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist patient with bathing
- Mouth and denture care
- Assist patient to and in bathroom
- Assist patient with ambulation
- Hair care
- Assist in and out of bed
- Assist with dressing and undressing
- Housekeeping and meal preparation The Following Duties May Be
Allowed IF DIRECTED by the Nursing Supervisor in Conjunction with a
- Assist patient with wheelchair, cane, walker or crutch
- Range of motion exercise (ROM)
- Skin care
- Assist with oxygen
- Change of ostomy device
- Vital Signs
- Application of non-sterile dressing on intact skin
- Preparation of special meals
- Catheter care
- Measure intake & output (1 & 0)
The following MAY NOT be Performed by the Home Health Aide
- Tube feedings
- Cold or heat application
- Administration of an enema.
- Care of a tracheostomy tube
- Catheter or colostomy irrigation
- Administration of any medication
- Providing medical advice
- Cutting finger or toenails Qualifications:
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Is a high school graduate, has a GED, or demonstrates ability
to read and write adequately to complete required forms and reports
of visits and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Current Nurse Aide certification.
- Adequate physical & mental health to perform the job and free
from communicable disease.
- Interest in and empathy for the ill.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work well with clients,
families, and co-workers.
Keywords: Advantage Home Health Care, Anderson , Senior Caregiver - HHA, Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!