Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: October 5, 2018
Job ID: 270372 Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Anderson, Indiana Regular Additional Job Information Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Full--Time, Night Shift, 6pm-6:30am,--36 Hours Bi-Weekly, weekend and holiday rotation. Special Services provided by the department include: Sleep Studies, Oximeter Evaluations, Pulmonary Exerices, Home Therapy Education.-- At St Vincent Anderson we have several RT's that have earned certification as Asthma Educators. For Respiratory Therapists at St Vincent Anderson, work is more than the place we go each day. It---s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.-- Come see why St Vincent Anderson has been named one of the Top Workplaces in Indiana for the 8th consecutive year! -- About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description What You Will Do: Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified--BLS Provider--obtained within--6 Months (180 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Respiratory Care Practitioner--credentialed from the--Indiana Respiratory Care Committee--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Respiratory Therapist--specializing in--Registered--credentialed from the--National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.--
- Certification--specializing in--Neonatal Resuscitation.--
- Certified--Pediatric Advanced Life Support.-- Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred Work Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. -- The Spirit of Caring -- Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)-- Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Anderson , Respiratory Therapist (RRT), Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!