Surgical Instrument Technician - Sterile Processing
Posted on: December 4, 2018
Additional Job Information
What You Will Do: As a PRN Surgical Instrument Technician working variable hours you will work in family faith based environment bringing to our team your skills and talents. We already know you are a self-starter who brings your best to work every single day. If you are passionate about helping St Vincent Anderson with our mission of serving then you will thrive in this role. Interested? Continuing reading and apply!
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Can Expect to Handle:
Inspects, assembles and evaluates all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts. Qualifications
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or specific certification related to position preferred
- Work Experience:
- 2 Years Preferred Technical Experience. How To Apply
Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent.
If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries.
To view our job openings, visit
To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button.
Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities.
The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Anderson , Surgical Instrument Technician - Sterile Processing, Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!