Radiology Technologist - Imaging Support Services
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Radiology Technologist - Imaging Support Services - Part-Time, Day Shift, 24 hours per week. Typically scheduled on Monday, Thursday and Friday. May be asked to cover additional hours or days occasion. Covers hours between 6am-5pm. Will also perform phlebotomy. St Vincent Anderson - 2015 Jackson Street - Anderson, IN Why Join the St Vincent Anderson Family? We are a faith based health system that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offer opportunities for growth. Join our team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality healthcare! Why Join Employer? St. Vincent, part of Employer, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.What You Will Do As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.Responsibilities:
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Indiana Medical Radiology Services Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree requiredWork Experience:
- None required.
- 1 year experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Employer Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Anderson , Radiology Technologist - Imaging Support Services, Healthcare , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!