Information System Specialist
Company: Unified Group Services Inc
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Job DescriptionUnified Group Services is a full-service third
party administrator (TPA) for self-insured group health plans.
We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service and the
flexibility our customers desire in administering employee benefit
plans. Unified Group Services has a reputation for excellent
customer service in the marketplace, and this position is crucial
to continuing that status.The Information System Specialist manages
and supports the operating processes and procedures that enhance
and maintain the flow of electronic information into and out of
Unified's processing system. This position works extensively with
querying data from our claims system database. The data will be
sent to vendors or provided internally as needed. This includes
processing and setting up enrollment EDI files. This position will
collaborate with internal team members and external vendors to
identify and report data file requirements. This position is much
more than querying data and producing data exports, although that
is a large part of the position. This job requires collaborating
closely with internal team members and vendors to solve problems,
create new processes, and improve current processes. This position
will also be assisting web portal tasks, including running ID
files, answering customer questions, and updating the benefits
portal. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and set up new eligibility 834 files.
- Create and maintain scripts using SQL/PLSQL to import and
- Support EDI processes, including 834 and 837.
- Troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies with processes and
- Analyze, develop, program, and reprogram technical processes as
assigned for enhanced efficiencies in consultation with
- Analyze manual processes as assigned and develop automated
strategies in consultation with management.
- Maintaining reports using ASP/ASPX in Visual Studio and Crystal
- Work with internal and external customers on any questions,
additional research, or needed updates for processes and
- Assist in web portal processes.
- Process routine and non-routine tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to manage work
- Analytical skills are essential.
- Excellent customer service skills with internal and external
customers who desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with large databases in a production setting
- Excelled oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people professionally
and effectively with varying technology skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Polite, courteous, and professional phone skills.
- Excellent attendanceQUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree or higher in Information Systems, Information
Technology, Business Administration, or related degrees
- Two to five years' experience with self-funded insurance
- Two to five years' experience Oracle 11g or higher
- One to two years of experience with Microsoft SQL Developer and
MS Access required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio, Office 365
applications, FTP software, Automation software, ASP/ASPX, and/or
Crystal Reports preferred
- One year EDI (834, 835, 837, 278, 267, 277, 270, 271)
- WLT claims processing system experience preferredThis position
is an hourly, in-office position working 40 per week, Monday
through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Unified Group Services is
located just off I69 at Exit 226.
Keywords: Unified Group Services Inc, Anderson , Information System Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!