Company: Selah House
Posted on: November 13, 2021
Position SummaryThe Admissions Coordinator will respond to
incoming telephone inquiries, oversee subsequent communications,
and actively coordinate multiple phases of the admissions process
for clients seeking longer-term behavioral health services provided
by The Eating Disorder Network.Position Responsibilities
- Provide compassionate and professional guidance to consumers
and referring professionals seeking longer-term behavioral health
- Takes initial inquiry calls, utilizing appropriate bonding
techniques to establish rapport and build relationship throughout
- Gathers initial information to determine if client is a
potential match for Selah House's services.
- Follows established principles of call flow and follow up
- Maintains active and ongoing communication among key admissions
decision-makers and stakeholders including client, family members,
professional referral sources, facility administration, clinical
leadership, admitting physicians and utilization review
- Assist in determining and explaining insurance financing
options for qualified customers.
- Assist clients and families towards appropriate treatment
options, effectively explaining and selling the benefits of
treatment at one of the network facilities in relation to the
client's individual needs and circumstances and offering practical
solutions to overcome obstacles to recommended treatment.
- Facilitates gathering of sufficient information in
pre-admission screenings to establish medical necessity for desired
level of care.
- Facilitates logistics to assist with facility tours and
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications related to the
population.ISJP123Minimum RequirementsEducation and
ExperiencePosition requires a 2 + years of related experience.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Ideal candidate should be outgoing,
sales-oriented, and able to proactively assist callers who are
weighing treatment options for themselves or loved ones.
Familiarity with general psychiatric conditions, eating disorders
or working experience in behavioral health treatment settings/sales
a plus. Demonstrates desire to drive for results; steadfastly
pushes self to consistently meet and/or exceed goals. Can quickly
find common ground and solve problems in collaborative team
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
required to communicate with peers, clients, families other
facilities and/or vendors
- Performs duties that require the employee to sit or remain
stationary for extended periods of time.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the
building and may require walking around facility grounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds.Other RequirementsPosition
requires incumbent to have a valid driver's license and vehicle
insurance.Selah House provides equal employment opportunities
without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin,
ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
religion, age, disability, gender identity, genetic information,
service in the military, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable federal, state, or local law. Equal employment
opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Selah House reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this
job description in any way the organization desires. This job
description in no way implies that these are the only duties,
including essential duties, to be performed by the employee
occupying this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job description is not an employment contract, implied or
otherwise. The employment relationship remains "At-Will."
Keywords: Selah House, Anderson , Admissions Coordinator, Other , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!