Patient Account Specialist
Company: Selah House
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Position SummaryThe Patient Account Specialist is responsible
for verification of benefits, billing, and collection functions.
The Patient Account Specialist helps improve cash flow and
participates in managing the overall health of the company's
- Verifies patient insurance benefit information through VOB
- Documents benefit specifics for various plans and identifies
any coverage restrictions.
- Verifies client responsibility such as deductible and
- Performs weekly benefit rechecks as requested.
- Patient demographic entry for record keeping.
- Review, scan, label, and upload all patient account
correspondence, including insurance correspondence.
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software,
including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Timely follow up on all outstanding insurance claims.
- Keeps accurate and detailed updates in the billing software of
all claims' statuses.
- Understand and interpret insurance Explanation of Benefits,
knowing when and how to ensure that payment has been received.
- Research and resolve rejected, incorrectly paid, and denied
- Respond in a professional and timely manner to all
billing-related inquiries from patients, staff, and payers.
- Excellent customer service with the ability to communicate to
both insurance companies as well as families in the efforts of
collecting outstanding balances.
- Documents billing and collection activities and communicates to
supervisor as appropriate.ISJP123Minimum RequirementsEducation and
- High school diploma with at least one (1) year of healthcare
- Prior experience in Mental Health, Substance Abuse Disorder
Treatment, or behavioral healthcare field preferred
- Strong computer and communication skillsPhysical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
required to communicate with peers/general public, clients and/or
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the
- Performs duties that require the employee to stand and walk for
extended periods of time.
- May sit or remain stationary for periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste, or smell.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds.Other RequirementsPosition
requires incumbent to have a valid driver's license and vehicle
insurance.Selah House provides equal employment opportunities
without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin,
ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
religion, age, disability, gender identity, genetic information,
service in the military, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable federal, state, or local law. Equal employment
opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Selah House reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this
job description in any way the organization desires. This job
description in no way implies that these are the only duties,
including essential duties, to be performed by the employee
occupying this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job description is not an employment contract, implied or
otherwise. The employment relationship remains "At-Will."
Keywords: Selah House, Anderson , Patient Account Specialist, Other , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!