Electrical Engineer (NTN Driveshaft Anderson/Anderson, Indiana)
Company: NTN Bearing of America
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Description Electrical Engineer (NTN Driveshaft
NTN, a world leader in constant velocity technology for the
automotive industry, is currently seeking a qualified Electrical
Engineer for our Anderson, Indiana operation. NTN Anderson
manufactures Constant Velocity Joints (CVJs) for many of the major
OEM automotive companies.
Responsible for the development, implementation and improvement of
engineering processes related to the manufacture of constant
velocity joint (CVJs). Works closely with all related departments
to support company objectives within a team based, hands on
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the equipment control systems, data acquisition
systems, vision systems, and the sequence of operations necessary
to perform production and assembly operations.
- Supports, develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing
methods for all CVJ manufacturing methods to include machining,
heat treat, hard turning, and assembly from an electrical/controls
- Tests and evaluates equipment, instruments and components to
eliminate failures and increase productivity and quality.
- Develops methods for maintaining or increasing production
levels while improving safety, production costs, yields, and
- Develops programs, edits, or performs equipment adjustments to
achieve required results.
- Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions that
reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
- Supports plant trials to determine performance
- Determines test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needs
to implement engineering changes.
- Ensures production processes are running at optimum
- Participates in and/or leads cost reduction activities.
- Works closely with members of Manufacturing and Quality to
support company targets for cost, quality, and delivery.
- Demonstrates a good analytical approach to problem solving.
- Uses statistical methods to evaluate process performance vs.
- Plans and facilitates installs and performs initial start-up of
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical
Engineering Technology preferred, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer in a manufacturing
- 3+ years of experience with machine control and data
- Experience with PLC and HMI systems and programming
- Strong understanding of safe electrical working procedures
- Experience with trouble shooting and programming robots, servo
controllers, vision equipment, and VFD's.
- FANUC robot experience a plus.
- Mitsubishi PLC experience a plus.
- Previous experience with laser marking and/or 2D barcode
reading systems a plus.
- Experience with communication between machine controls and
server database a plus.
- Good hands on abilities (help, assist and perform).
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office,
AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and communicate with
internal and external parties.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to collect
data, establish facts, draw conclusions and recommend effective
- Ability to organize, plan, allocate resources and prioritize in
order to meet multiple overlapping and competing deadlines and
- Strict attention to safety.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership abilities.
- Good organizational skills (document control).
- Budget and financial experience.
- Previous experience in automotive manufacturing or in a
multi-cultural environment a plus.
NTN Driveshaft Anderson, Inc. offers competitive wages and a full
range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry
standard. These include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid
vacation and tuition reimbursement. NTN Driveshaft Anderson, Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity
in the workplace.
Qualified applicants should apply online at:
Job: Electrical Engineer Primary Location: Indiana-Anderson, NTN
Driveshaft Organization: Engineering : Job Posting: May 27, 2022,
Keywords: NTN Bearing of America, Anderson , Electrical Engineer (NTN Driveshaft Anderson/Anderson, Indiana), Other , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!