Site Safety Specialist
Company: Keter North America
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Summary:The plant Safety Specialist will be a leader that
coaches, mentors, facilitates, and helps create a culture where
Safety is valued. This is a dynamic position that requires
continual learning and will have a significant impact on the
success of the business. The Safety Specialist will be known as the
go-to Safety resource for a 24/7 light manufacturing operation.*In
This Position, You'll Have the Opportunity To:*
- Chair Safety Committees and champion action items.
- Become authorized to operate and train on PIT, cranes, and
- Conduct New Hire Safety Orientation.
- Assist in preparing safety training, to include hazard
recognition and compliance.
- Be a self-starter who requires little day-to-day
- Perform internal Safety audits to evaluate risk and
- Create, maintain, and implement Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Assist in developing, implementing, updating, managing, and
training to written safety programs and plans such as: HAZCOM,
LOTO-TO, Confined Space, Hearing Conservation, Powered Industrial
Truck, Crane, Fall Prevention, and others
- Occasional overnight travel to conduct inspections and training
at other Business Units.
- Coordinate and conduct root cause corrective action (RCCA) for
incidents and near misses.
- Create, implement, audit, and facilitate practice with the
Emergency Action Teams
- Ensure contractors comply with internal and external safety
- Assist in Case Management.
- Champion the plant's Safety FMEA Committee and track status of
- Maintain the Safety Communication board.
- Be proactive and assertive to correct unsafe behavior,
processes, or equipment before injuries or illnesses occur.
- Use, modify, and improve the existing company Safety Management
- Drive the BBS audit process and track results. Make changes as
- Attend daily Operations meetings to communicate safety matters
to all employees.
- Make ergonomic assessments and apply best practices to reduce
- Prepare the plant's Safety Program to comply with OSHA's VPP
requirements, or similar state safety improvement
program.Requirements:What you need to Succeed in This Position
- Knowledge of or willing to learn applicable ANSI, NFPA 70E,
Life Safety Code 101, OSHA's General Industry Standards 29CFR1910,
as they apply to the Business Units.
- Good oral communication skills and ability to comfortably train
and present in front of large groups.
- Good written communication skills and the ability to write
- Ability to lead a team to eliminate or reduce hazards, risks,
or to determine RCCA.
- Self-motivated, outgoing nature, customer focused.
- Can complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Leads by example.
- Able to think critically and be creative when problem
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word,
- Ability to become proficient using, maintaining, and
implementing the company Safety Compliance Management software
- Dedicated towards self-improvement, which includes pursuing
educational opportunities, certifications, and training during your
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and
Health is preferred, however, current or planned enrollment in an
accredited AAS or BS degree program is acceptable. Five or more
years verifiable work as a Safety leader in a fast-paced, light
manufacturing environment of at least 100 employees may be a
substitute for a college degree.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Keter North America, Anderson , Site Safety Specialist, Other , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...