Associate Chaplain - Spiritual Care
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job ID: 272385 Associate Chaplain - Spiritual Care Anderson, Indiana Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Associate Chaplain City, State:-- Anderson,IN Location:-- 2015 Jackson Street Department:---- Pastoral Spiritual Care Additional Job Details:----PRN,Rotating,Weekly Requires at least One Unit of CPE -- About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: Provides religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures. -- Responsibilities:
- Assesses, provides, and documents pastoral care to patients, families and staff.
- Provides appropriate pastoral care to the local ministry and community through prayer and blessings.
- Provides consultation to patients, families, and medical staff with ethical decision making and values while making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Assists in planning, organizing, evaluating, and implementing the spiritual program with each local ministry in order to ensure spirituality initiatives are executed properly.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred Work Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. -- The Spirit of Caring -- Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Anderson , Associate Chaplain - Spiritual Care, Other , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!