Finishing Operator (NTN Driveshaft Anderson/Anderson, Indiana)
Company: NTN Bearing of America
Posted on: November 10, 2019
FINISHING OPERATOR (NTN DRIVESHAFT ANDERSON/ANDERSON, INDIANA)
NTN, a world leader in constant velocity technology for the
automotive industry, is currently seeking a qualified FINISHING
OPERATOR for our Anderson, Indiana operation. NTN Anderson
manufactures Constant Velocity Joints (CVJs) for many of the major
OEM automotive companies.
Safely and efficiently operates a variety of production
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operates computer numerically controlled machinery (lathes,
grinders, heat treat) that automatically turn, mill, grind or heat
treat metal component parts.
* Monitors work to ensure that machines are functioning
* Makes general decisions on quality and tolerances through
periodic checking, testing, measuring or monitoring results to
ensure quality and part specifications are met.
* Performs production tasks according to standard operating
procedures and manufacturing guidelines.
* Takes proper care of all equipment and facilities. Reports faults
or problems to team leader or production technician
* Moves controls to set cutting speeds and depths, and feed rates
and to position tools.
* Replaces worn tools and sharpens dull cutting tools and dies.
* Positions, secures and aligns cutting tool holders on machine
using hand tools, and verifies their position with measuring
* Completes tasks safely and efficiently with the highest level of
quality in mind.
* Produces quality product at expected rates while minimizing scrap
* Completes productivity and quality records as required.
* Keeps work areas clean and organized.
* Follows all company rules and policies.
* Follows all safety rules. Reports safety hazards and incidents
* Guides, assists or trains other associates in their assigned
duties when needed.
* Participates in continuous improvement activities.
* Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Ability to use basic measuring tools, micrometers, calipers and
gauges and measure in microns.
* Ability to complete manual or computer production records.
* Ability to do basic calculations and measurements.
* Ability to develop knowledge of machines and tools, including
their uses, minor repair, and maintenance.
* Ability to read and follow written and verbal work instructions
and safety rules.
* Ability to participate effectively in small group discussion for
continuous improvement activities, contribute to on-going 5-S
efficiencies, and communicate effectively with supervisor and
co-workers on work assignments, problems/issues and training on new
* Ability to work with minimal supervision after training is
* Ability to multi-task.
* Customer service and team oriented.
* Strict attention to quality and detailed oriented.
* Strict attention to safety.
* Reliable attendance and flexibility to work overtime as
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently.
* Previous experience in automotive manufacturing or in a
multi-cultural environment a plus.
NTN Driveshaft Anderson, Inc. offers competitive wages and a full
range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry
standard. These include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid
vacation and tuition reimbursement. NTN Driveshaft Anderson, Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity
in the workplace.
Qualified applicants should apply online at:
NTN Values a diverse workforce and is an EOE..
Keywords: NTN Bearing of America, Anderson , Finishing Operator (NTN Driveshaft Anderson/Anderson, Indiana), Other , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!