Sub-Acute Patient Care Technician - PCT - Skilled Nursing Facility Dialysis Den
Company: Fresenius Medical Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- Located at 205 Marine Dr, Anderson IN
- Hemodialysis Experience Required
- Work with a dialysis RN to deliver dialysis for up to 6
patients in a dialysis den at a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Den Operates Monday-Friday during the dayPURPOSE AND
SCOPE:Functions as part of the Staff Assisted Home Hemodialysis
Health Care Team by providing safe and effective dialysis therapy
for patients in the skilled nursing homes. Works under the
supervision of a registered nurse in accordance with FMCNA
policies, procedures, and training and in compliance with
regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal
agencies. Supports the FMCNA commitment to the Quality Assessment
and Performance Improvement Program (QAI) and Continuous Quality
Improvement (CQI) Activities, including those related to patient
satisfaction. Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and
customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance
Program, including following all regulatory and company policy and
state specific requirements.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Provides direct patient care for assigned patients in
accordance with physician orders and state nurse practice laws
under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Promptly arrives at the assigned patient's nursing location and
inquires as to the patient's wellbeing since their last
- Prepares and tests all water and dialysis equipment according
to established and approved policies and procedures, documenting
all required elements of testing according to established policies
- Actively participates in process improvement activities that
enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMC Quality
Enhancement Goals (QEP).
- Records pre and post treatment observations, weight, and vital
- Calculates and enters of individual patients' dialysis machine
programming for Ultrafiltration (UF) goal, treatment time, Sodium
(Na) modeling, and UF modeling as prescribed by the patient's
physician; for review and approval by the Registered Nurse prior to
- Performs vascular access cannulation, observing vascular access
for patency, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and as
allowed by state law.
- Administers Heparin in accordance with physician orders and as
delegated under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and as
allowed by state law.
- Monitors and assists with administration of treatment according
to prescribed orders including dialysis treatment time, blood flow
(QB) and dialysate flow (QD).
- Observes patient and conducts machine safety checks according
to policy and procedure.
- Observes the patients' vascular access during treatment
including arterial and venous monitoring pressures.
- Monitor the appropriate safety alarms are engaged during
treatment including air detector, narrow venous limits (NVL)
- Ensures appropriate safety alarms are enabled, including air
detector, narrow venous limits (NVL) 160.
- Records accurate and timely information regarding vital signs
and treatment parameters onto the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet with
- Inquires about any intra-dialytic problems.
- Monitors patient's response to dialysis therapy.
- Provides interventions as prescribed by physician order or as
- Obtains vital signs prior to termination treatment; performs
all relevant functions necessary in preparation for the
discontinuation of treatment and documents information.
- Discontinues dialysis treatment according to established
- Observes patient prior to termination of treatment and observes
condition of the patient's access and standing & sitting blood
- Obtains homeostasis and applies appropriate dressing.
- Observes the patient after termination of the treatment.
- Accurately documents information related to patient treatment
including completion of Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet and, if
applicable, progress notes.
- Obtains all prescribed laboratory testing and prepares
specimens for transport to Spectra laboratories as ordered by the
- Performs and documents role-specific interventions for unusual
patient status and documents patient response to intervention under
the supervision of an Registered Nurse.
- Reports any significant information, change in patient
condition, or any other unusual findings directly to the nurse
supervisor/Home Therapy Program Manager.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
- Other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company
will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and
equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water
solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet. There is a
two-person assist program and material assist devices for the
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- The position involves travel to and from Nursing Home
facilities in a defined geographic location; valid driver's license
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Successful completion of a training course in the theory and
practice of hemodialysis required.
- Successful completion of the Staff Assisted Home Hemodialysis
Employee Training and Orientation Program.
- Successful completion of CPR certification required.
- Successful completion of dialysis certification as
required.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of two (2) years of Hemodialysis experienced
- Ability to assist in lifting patients and equipment.
- Ability to provide coverage at area facilities during times of
short staffing or as required.EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Center, Anderson , Sub-Acute Patient Care Technician - PCT - Skilled Nursing Facility Dialysis Den, Professions , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!