Electrical Control Engineer
Company: Kelly Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Controls EngineerAnderson, SCDirect Hire$80,000-$120,000
Kelly Engineering is recruiting for a Controls Engineer to work for
a leading manufacturer of consumer goods. The Controls Engineer is
responsible for designing and implementing complex controls systems
and software programming on production equipment.
Email resume with Controls Engineer in the subject line to
- Leads/supports internal Project and Process Engineers,
Maintenance & Production personnel, OEMs, vendors, and contractors
to design, install, interface, start up new equipment and process
controls including electrical component selection and approval,
electrical design approval, software assessments & modifications,
machine acceptance testing and problem identification and
- Responsible for specifying DCS's, PLC's, HMI's, servo systems,
motors, drives, sensors, vision sensors and data collection and
analysis software, based on our companies controls standards
- Performs high level troubleshooting, in-depth critical
thinking, and utilizes all internal & external resources to solve
any electrical, mechanical or process problem.
- Leads & assists others in troubleshooting machinery, equipment,
components, and programs including PLC's HMI's Servo systems and
- Performs regular checks of the DCS and ensures software -
backups, Windows and Anti-Virus are up to date.
- Develops policies for repair and upgrade of the DCS and its
components. Ensures the health of the process control network.
- Provides technical and operations training to Controls
Technicians, production, warehouse, and other personnel as
- Training and assisting Controls Technicians in solving complex
- Assists in project planning and forecasting as part of
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering. In
lieu of a degree, additional experience may be considered.
- 3+ years of industrial controls experience including advanced
knowledge of electrical theory and principles of operation.
- Experience and working knowledge of DCS and PLC hardware and
- Advanced proficiency with PLC, DCS, and HMI programming
- Experience with system management such as backup/archiving and
- Experience of industrial control networks (OT networks) set up
- Proven ability to lead complex control engineering projects
- Candidates must be proficient in:
- CAD software, AutoCAD
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the
Keywords: Kelly Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom, Anderson , Electrical Control Engineer, Professions , Anderson, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!